Re: Just upgraded last night pop3 now giving errors

Wes S wrote:

[snip]
Now uw-ipop3d seems to be looking  where exim was putting files back
in 2005 before I changed the exim configuration to make uw-ipop3d
happy back then.

How do I make uw-ipop3d look in /var/mail where it was looking up to
a couple days ago?  I guess I need another clue.

You are right, the change was in the announcement:

http://sourceware.org/ml/cygwin/2008-03/msg00379.html

So now it is /var/spool/mail/<username>; you can do what many others do (Solaris and Linux), create a link from /var/mail to /var/spool/mail :

ln -s /var/spool/mail /var/mail

BTW, I already have that link, but I don't remember if I did it or installing exim or uw-imap did it (a long time ago since nowadays I build those packages myself -- current exim is 4.69, Cygwin is still at 4.68).
--
René Berber