To: "'Kornél Pál'"
Sent: Wednesday, April 23, 2008 2:27 PM
Subject: RE: fork: child -1 - CreateProcessA failed, errno 11

Kornél Pál wrote on 23 April 2008 12:31:

I am using cygwin for comiling Mono on Windows but recently I
kepp getting error messages:

  18858 [main] sh 93120 fork: child -1 - CreateProcessA
failed, errno 11
1168010 [main] sh 93120 fork: child -1 - CreateProcessA
failed, errno 11
3176500 [main] sh 93120 fork: child -1 - CreateProcessA
failed, errno 11
../../libtool: line 2513: /usr/bin/sed: Resource temporarily unavailable

After that all further process creation fails and while make
is trying to create new processes, process initialization of other
non-cygwin processes (like iexplore.exe) fails as well with a MessageBox
from ntdll.dll.

This problem occurs after some time of using cygwin but at
random points.

It's very weird that after terminating all processes that use cygwin (I
checked this with Process Explorer) the problem still remains.

Which rather suggests it is not a problem with Cygwin (which is a user-mode
application and should not be able to break or otherwise affect separate
processes or the O/S kernel).

Please let me know what should I do to resolve the problem.

Identify the BLODA application that has borked your computer:

http://cygwin.com/acronyms#BLODA
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq-nochunks.html#faq.using.bloda

and uninstall it.

   cheers,