Re: ssh-agent, keychain, and Vista [Was: Re: Vista + cygwin basics]

Charles Wilson wrote:

It seems to do what I want, but as you say, keychain does slow down the login process quite a bit. Other drawbacks to my approach:
(1) the console user's ssh-agent does not survive logoff (but remote logons' ssh-agents do, since they all live in session 0).
(2) non-standard, win32-specific patch to /usr/bin/keychain

And, of course, the advantage over Karl's approach is:

(1) you don't need to grant "Log on as a service" privilege to regular users
(2) you don't need administrator privileges to set it up (e.g. to grant the privilege above to untrusted users, and to install ssh-agent as a service).

--
Chuck