RE: Embedded packaging of cygwin without installation

> > But now I want to be able to determine, if someone has already
> installed
> > (via your setup.exe) a cygwin. If so I would like to be able to use
> the
> > already installed one. But how to determine if there is already an
> > installation of cygwin? And furthermore, how can I use it?
>
> Check for the registry keys HKLM\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin and
> HKCU\Software\Cygnus Solutions\Cygwin.  If one of them exists, you have
> a Cygwin installation.

Okay fine! I can figure out, that cygwin is installed. But how can I figure
out there the run.exe or the other cygwin tools are? The system PATH
variable is not updated on an cygwin setup...
The next question, how can I read the registry via command line?

> > If I detect, that no cygwin (via your setup.exe) is installed, I
> would like
> > to open a browser which points to your setup.exe so the user could
> install
> > the cygwin.
> > In both cases it may be necessary to determine
> >
> > Correct me if I am wrong. This approach has no licensing issues.
>
> If you just call setup to download from the cygwin distro, you have no
> licensing problems in your scenario.

Okay fine.