Re: info needed

unknown-1 wrote:
Larry Hall (Cygwin <reply-to-list-only-lh <at> cygwin.com> writes:

unknown-1 wrote:

You have the latest versions available with Cygwin.   You can either wait
for the maintainer to update the packages to the version you want or pull
the source from the GTK site and build it yourself.

I saw several messages of updates packages but don't know where to find them in a usable way.

If they were announced here by a Cygwin maintainer, then they will be available (eventually) on all Cygwin mirrors. You can access them through 'setup.exe', just the way you have in the past.

I wonder if I could use the packages at
ftp://sunsite.dk/projects/cygwinports/release

These packages come from here <http://cygwinports.dotsrc.org/>. They are not part of the official distribution and aren't supported by this list. But they are packaged to be recognized by 'setup.exe' so they should install the same way.

I am thinking of creating my own cygwin package mirror and include the ports
from this site. Anybody an idea if that could work? Of course at my own risk
as that would not be an official release.

Any comments on this?

With the caveats you mentioned, you're free to do so. But you don't have to if you just want to use these packages. If you add the path above to 'setup.exe', it will pull in any recognized packages from that site and any others you choose (or enter).

Holliston, MA 01746