Re: file accessibility and copying/archive/...

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008, Brian Dessent wrote:

> Hugh Sasse wrote:
>
> > Because it won't access things either?  I can live without ntuser.dat
> > but its knowing what the others are and why they fail that is part of
> > the problem.
>
> It will be of no use because it still won't be able to access files that
> are opened with sharing disallowed.

OK, thanks, and since that depends on the open command it could be any,
and hard to tell what.
        [...]
> > Can it extract individual files from the backup?  I don't want to copy
> > old Windows System files on to the new machine when it appears.
>
> When you restore you can choose which files from the backup to include.
> Or, when you create the backup you can just exclude those files.  Either
> way, it's a big tree-view with a checkbox next to each dir.

Great, thanks.  The last time I tried to use native backup on it, it was
from the disk->properties->tools, and it only allowed me to backup to ...
floppy disk.  For a 70GB drive that was marvellous.  Now I know what to
look for.

> Brian

        Thank you
        Hugh