Re: Bash.exe stays open after Putty is closed

NightStrike wrote:
Killing putty with Alt-F4 is the same as losing connectivity, or putty crashing (rare as that is), or any of several other scenarios where there is abnormal termination. Does bash remain running under any abnormal termination? If so, that's a bug. If not, what makes things like connectivity loss different from closing putty with Alt-f4?
I agree, any cause of termination of the window should kill the children like bash. However, I'm curious, why are you using Putty instead of just ssh? I assume you mean Putty on Windows. If you have Cygwin why not simply do ssh <host>?
--
Andrew DeFaria <http://defaria.com>
DUMBWAITER: one who asks if the kids would care to order dessert.