Re: GNU M4 diversion error

Please post to an appropriate mailing list, rather than to an individual
developer - your question will likely be answered faster, because more
people can contribute, and the answer will be archived in case someone
else comes across the same issue.

According to Kaarlo Räihä on 3/25/2008 8:05 AM:
| Hi. I am sorry if I bother you with silly question, but I have issue
| with m4 which I can't resolve.
|
| I am trying to build VLC media player from sources and during
| ./bootstrap I get following error:
| /usr/bin/m4:configure.ac:1607: cannot create temporary file for
| diversion: Permission denied
|
| number after /usr/bin/m4:configure.ac: changes between different runs. I
| run cygwin environment and m4 is m4 (GNU M4) 1.4.10b.

The fact that the number changes implies that it is not something in your
input file, but something in your environment.  I suspect
http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#BLODA.

| I managed to ./bootstrap it earlier with same TMPDIR settings but now it
| just doesn't work. I even run cygwin with Admin rights (Vista) but now
| it doesn't make a difference (earlier this made it work).
|
| So can you give me some advice or is this some Cygwin/Windows related
| issue? And are there any ways to go around this issue?
|
| Here are getfacl fro TMPDIR
|
| $ getfacl /cygdrive/c/temp/ "$TMPDIR"
| # file: /cygdrive/c/temp/
| # owner: Raiska