Rebuilding gnu gcc or gnu as for the SPARC assembler

Hello,
   I've installed cygwin fine on my machine. I am having trouble
compiling an assembly file, which is written in the SPARC assembly
architecture. When I type:

as --version
GNU assembler 2.17.50 20060817
This program is free software; you may redistribute it under the terms of
the GNU General Public License.  This program has absolutely no warranty.
This assembler was configured for a target of `i686-pc-cygwin'.

So this tells me this isn't SPARC.

Looking at the man page for as, it has:
Target SPARC options:
   [-Av6|-Av7|-Av8....]

So my questions are:
(1) Do I just change some options at the command-line to compile my
assembly file (written in SPARC)? If so, in gcc or via as and how do I
do this? I've tried:
$ as -Av6 printHello.s
as: unrecognized option '-Av6'

And also:
$ gcc -Wa,-Av6 printHello.s
/usr/lib/gcc/i686-pc-cygwin/3.4.4/../../../../i686-pc-cygwin/bin/as:
as: unrecognized option '-Av6'

So this tells me that I don't have the SPARC assembler (i686, I think?).

(2) How do I rebuild gcc or as to have the SPARC assembler? I've
downloaded the src to:
C:\cygwin\urs\src

and it has the files:
gcc-3.4.4-3.patch
gcc-3.4.4-3.sh
gcc-core-3.4.4.3.README
gcc-core-3.4.4.tar.bz2

I do not know how to compile/rebuild gcc because I just downloaded the
binary via cygwin.

Thanks in advance for any advice, I've been reading man pages and
googling for the past 4 hours so I'm pretty lost.
but do not know what to do from there. I've attached my cygcheck.out
file just in case.