Re: Testing gcc 4.2.3

2008/2/26, Brian Dessent:
> Sigh.  You'll have to search the archives.  There are a number of things
>  preventing a move to gcc 4.x as the system compiler.  The main snags are
>  lack of shared libgcc (which breaks C++ EH with shared libraries) and
>  the everlasting debate about if and how to transition to DW2 EH from
>  SJLJ.

About the shared libgcc:
Since this problem will not go away until we decide to keep the old and slow
WINAPI compatible SJLJ (hopefully not), we can just add this libgcc as
Base package.
Similar to the msvcrt.dll in the windows world.

Our problem is much less dramatic than for the MSYS folks, who really
don't want to another external dependency.
--
Reini