Re: gdb, no line numbers after gcc -g ???

On Tue, 26 Feb 2008, Brian Dessent wrote:

> Hugh Sasse wrote:
>
> > Is there anything else I need to do in order to get line numbers
> > reported correctly?  What other information would be good to provide?
>
> -g should work fine.  Try compiling and debugging a simple testcase, and
> paste the entire transcript of all commands and output.

OK, it works for a hello world, it says the symbols are loaded.
Therefore, as was most likely, I've munged something.  How do I
interrogate object files to see which is/are missing the symbol data
(if that's what would throw everything else off the scent)?

14:11:51$ file *.o
area.o:          MS Windows COFF Intel 80386 object file
doublesimage.o:  MS Windows COFF Intel 80386 object file
ellipse.o:       MS Windows COFF Intel 80386 object file
fft_2d_filter.o: MS Windows COFF Intel 80386 object file
fsv.o:           MS Windows COFF Intel 80386 object file
fsv_common.o:    MS Windows COFF Intel 80386 object file
image.o:         MS Windows COFF Intel 80386 object file
lex.yy.o:        MS Windows COFF Intel 80386 object file
merge_sort.o:    MS Windows COFF Intel 80386 object file
pngimage.o:      MS Windows COFF Intel 80386 object file
rawimage.o:      MS Windows COFF Intel 80386 object file
y.tab.o:         MS Windows COFF Intel 80386 object file

Not much detail in there....

Thank you, and for the quick reply :-)

> Brian

        Hugh