Re: Windows System Variable with SSH

dnbphysicist wrote:
We have an open ssh client installed on one of our Windows 2003 servers, and
are able to login in and everything, but when issuing commands some the
System Paths (which are in .bat files on the server) such as %JAVA_HOME% are
not recognized. I assume this is because Cygwin does not know how to
interpret the % signs. Is there anyway to get Cygwin to recognize the system
variables with the % signs around them.

If you're logging in through Cygwin's ssh, you'll get a Cygwin shell by default (bash). Cygwin shells use *nix syntax. You can access any available environment variable using the proper syntax. In the case of JAVA_HOME, $JAVA_HOME should work. If for some reason you need to log in using a Windows/DOS shell, you can replace '/bin/bash' with the POSIX path to the shell you want (cmd.exe?). Then you can use the %JAVA_HOME% syntax. Keep in mind, if you're using Java for Windows, it will not understand the POSIX paths that Cygwin uses/prefers. I don't know if that's an issue for you in this case but since you mentioned Java, I thought I should bring that up.

Holliston, MA 01746