Re: Issue with GDB under Cygwin and XP

Marco Atzeri wrote:
--- Ray Hurst <rhurst2@cox.net> ha scritto:

Works fine on my Windows XP Pro machine using the
same GDB and gcc
version 3.4.4. What gcc version do you have?

The stack trace would indicate that the crash is
occurring before it
gets to your main function, since that code
doesn't have debug symbols
you get addresses.

Jim,
It's definitely crashing before getting to main and
I don't know why.
The tools versions are: gcc 4.2.3, binutils 2.17.50,
and gdb 6.5.50.

Ray

Hi Ray I will bet on Gcc 4.2.3.

there are some reasons why on cygwin gcc 3.4.4
is still the default version.

Regards
Marco

___________________________________ L'email della prossima generazione? Puoi averla con la nuova Yahoo! Mail: http://it.docs.yahoo.com/nowyoucan.html

Actually I was incorrect. The dump I gave you was for gcc 3.4.4.

I got it to run under gcc 4.2.3 using Insight.

I modified the program as follows:
/*

 Name        : HelloWorld.c
 Author      : Ray Hurst
 Version     :
 Copyright   : Your copyright notice
 Description : Hello World in C, Ansi-style

 */

#include <stdio.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main(void) {
	int a,b,c;
	a = 10;
	b = 20;
	c = 30;
	puts("!!!Hello World!!!"); /* prints !!!Hello World!!! */
	printf("\na = %d,  b = %d,  c = %d\n", a,b,c);
	return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

When I step through the program I cannot get the Local Variables window to update the variables when I step over the lines setting the variable.

I look at the stack area in memory they definitely are updating.
Ray