Re: CIFS symlinks on network share break Cygwin

"Dave Korn" <dave.korn@artimi.com> wrote in message
04ad01c86998$34e53080$2e08a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM">news:04ad01c86998$34e53080$2e08a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM...
> On 07 February 2008 00:22, Matt Seitz wrote:
>
>> "Dave Korn"  wrote in message
>> 03a301c86835$1a571850$2e08a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM">news:03a301c86835$1a571850$2e08a8c0@CAM.ARTIMI.COM...
>
>  I did?!  It was email when *I* last saw it!

Sorry for any confusion.  I'm using the GMane mail to nntp gateway to read and
respond.

>  I'm not up-to-date on
> the state of cygwin vs. nfs, but that would probably be another solution for
> me.

I was just thinking about that.  Yes, you could likely use Services for Unix to
mount the drive, and use the SFU "chmod" tools to change the permissions.  But I
don't know if SFU supports using standard Win32 calls to change permissions via
NFS, or if SFU has it's own API for handling NFS permission changes.  If SFU
uses a separate API, then the cygwin "chmod" is unlikely to work.