Re: Updated: clisp-2.44-1 for cygwin

Mark Harig schrieb:
Reini Urban wrote:
I've released the new upstream clisp-2.44 plus subpackages -clx, -gtk2 and -gdi for cygwin.

Release focus:
7 - Major bugfixes

./configure --fsstnd=redhat --with-dynamic-ffi  \
  --with-module=rawsock --with-module=dirkey  \
  --with-module=bindings/win32 --with-module=berkeley-db \
  --with-module=pcre --with-module=postgresql \
  --with-module=fastcgi --with-module=zlib  \
  --with-module=gdbm --with-module=libsvm \
  --prefix=/usr --build build
(no changes)

http://clisp.cvs.sourceforge.net/*checkout*/clisp/clisp/src/NEWS

2.44 (2008-02-02)
=================
User visible changes
--------------------

* CLISP does not come with GNU libffcall anymore.
  This is now a separate package and should be installed separately.
  Pass --with-libffcall-prefix to the top-level configure if it is not
  installed in a standard place.
  Option --with-dynamic-ffi is now replaced with --with-ffcall.

There appears to be a contradiction between the Cygwin announcement
and the upstream clisp announcement.  The upstream announcement states
that the configuration option '--with-dynamic-ffi' has been replaced by
the option '--with-ffcall', but the Cygwin announcement states that the
no-longer-supported '--with-dynamic-ffi' configuration option was used.

I couldn't get it with --with-ffcall to find the ffcall libs on my build machine, --with-dynamic-ffi works still fine. On my development laptop --with-ffcall worked okay.
The end product is the same.

Does the Cygwin announcement merely contain a typo (i.e., the new
option was, in fact, used, but not described correctly), or was the
Cygwin clisp package configured incorrectly, using the old option?
If it is the latter, then this might explain the fact that 'cygcheck' reports
that it cannot find 'cygfcgi-0.dll' for /lib/clisp-[version]/full/lisp.exe (where
[version] is either 2.43 or 2.44).

cygfcgi-0.dll should have been pulled in by libfcgi0 in the require line. Accidently I added ffcall and not libfcgi0 there.
This is wrong. ffcall is just a build time requirement, not run-time. Linked statically.

I've uploaded a fixed clisp setup.hint now.

Temp. workaround:
To work with clisp -K full you need to install fastcgi
and install a temp. libpq5-8.2.5 I just uploaded now.
Download and Reinstall clisp should work, until I up the release number to -2.
--
Reini Urban
http://phpwiki.org/ http://murbreak.at/