Re: Cygwin emulates an environment closest to ...

nobody schrieb:
Cygwin emulates an environment closest to SunOS, Solaris, HP-UX, IBM's AIX,
DEC OSF (Digital UNIX), or IRIX ?
No this is not my homework. I need to know the closest archetype for a
makefile.

Looking at the makefiles in question would certainly help more than just some OS names. Url of your app? gnu tools? autotools? All are more or less unix like, but unix's not unix. Esp. such high-powered unices, which could come without gnu at all. Not just a simple gnu linux or bsd, which are closest to cygwin.

At least it's no VMS, MVS/OS-390 or lispmachine, so call yourself lucky.
--
Reini