Re: Running Cygwin in background.

Sorry, I am not used to Windows at all -- I've only been using Linux for the
past several years and I've forgotten about a lot of things.

Because of this, it seems that I am having trouble asking the right
question...

I am talking about how to get Cygwin itself to run in the background. Once I
start up the Cygwin shell, I am able to run SSH as a background service
within Cygwin. But when I close the Cygwin shell, I loose the SSH server
running within it.

What I need is information on how to run ***CYGWIN*** as a background
service, so that there is no Cygwin window open, but the services that are
running in Cygwin (in this case sshd) are still there. Do I even need to run
Cygwin for this? Can I just run cygwin's sshd from windows?

I do know what the 'Run' menu is in Windows. I also found information about
Cygserver in the online documentation -- is this what I need? Are you trying
to tell me to use the Run menu with 'cygrunsrv.exe' ? Or are you telling me
to run sshd from 'Run' menu?

Once again, I'm really not at home in Windows, so let me know if I'm missing
something. If I am not understanding something could you at least point me
in the right direction for what I need to look up?

Thanks,
jrtayloriv