Re: Running Cygwin in background.

jrtayloriv wrote:

paul.hermeneutic wrote:

http://www.google.com/search?as_q=Cygwin+setup+sshd

I appreciate the links, but I already know how to set up an SSH server. I
was actually interested in finding out how to run Cygwin as a background
process so a window won't show up in the task bar. (See my original post for
a description of what I am trying to do).

Thanks,
jrtayloriv

Then perhaps you need to back up and explain how you get a window in your task bar that you believe is related to Cygwin's SSH server. If this were just a general question about how to hide windows of console apps, I'd suggest 'run' to you but if you don't know how the window is getting there in the first place, you won't know where to use 'run' anyway. In any case, what you can gather from this line of questioning is that running Cygwin's SSH server on any recent version of Windows (from W2K on) won't generate a window in the task bar if you run it as recommended (i.e. as a service set up via ssh-host-config).

Holliston, MA 01746