RE: cygwin file permissions problem & solution

On 23 January 2008 04:40, Dave Burns wrote:

> I'm sending this on the off chance it will help someone. I googled
> that error message and came up dry. I was shocked!
>

> Your search - "ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start
> Menu\Programs\Cygwin\Cygwin" - did not match any documents.
> "Check to make sure it has not been deleted or renamed." matched one
> about XP in one of those obnoxious 'we might help you if you pay us'
> web sites.

http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=%22Unable+to+modify+the+shortcut%22&sourceid=
mozilla-search&start=0&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozi
lla:en-GB:official

Results 1 - 2 of 2 for "Unable to modify the shortcut". (0.47 seconds)

If you installed CygWin as the NT administrator, but are running the shell as
regular user without administrator priveliges, you will be unable to modify
the
shortcut.  Log in as the administrator to make your changes.

  :)

    cheers,
      DaveK