cygwin won't run, missing cygintl-8.dll file - solution that worked for me

I did an install of cygwin.  When I tried to run the shell I received the problem that cygintl-8.dll was not found.  I
tried various solutions including the ones outlined in below messages without success.  Through the process I also found
that many of the dll's where missing not just cygintl-8.dll.

What finally worked was deleting the cygwin directory and re-installing.

Thanks,
Daniel

* From: Christopher Faylor <cgf-use-the-mailinglist-please at cygwin dot com> * To: cygwin at cygwin dot com * Date: Tue, 2 Jan 2007 06:59:33 -0500 * Subject: Re: cygwin won't run, missing cygintl-8.dll file * References: <459A2E95.20408@smartaflow.com> <459A2F82.2080600@aim.com> * Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com