RE: ssh interactive shell not working

On 18 January 2008 13:03, Kyle A. Dawson wrote:

> I had cygwin and ssh working on windows 2003 and then it all stopped.?? I
> get it working again by re-installing cygwin and ssh.? The only issue is
> that you cannot login to ssh with interactive shell.? You can run commands
> via ssh but not get a prompt.? For example this will work:
>
> ssh myhost ps -ef
>
> That works.? But if you run this:
>
> ssh myhost
> Connection to myhost closed.
>
> It just opens then closes.
>
> Anyone know why I cannot get a remote shell?

  Bug in your .bashrc script, perhaps?  I forget the exact details (see man
page for full info), but some of the startup scripts are always run by the
shell firing up, but some are only run when you open an interactive login
shell.

  Try "ssh -v -v -v -v -v myhost" and see if the debugging info sheds any
light on the situation.

    cheers,
      DaveK