Re: "net use" (and "net config")

Grant Edwards wrote:
On 2008-01-16, cuicui <cuicui.oizo@free.fr> wrote:

Is there any way to get mapped drives and public-key
authentication working together?
Perhaps I should add that the problem doesn't exist under
Win2K: "net use" works fine regardless of the ssh
authentication method.
This is a bit offlist but maybe that's because under Windows
2000, network drives are available for the whole system once
mounted. With Windows XP, the very same function used to map a
network drives jailed them in the current "userland".

It means that you can have the same (network) drive letter
assigned multiple times, one in each userland.

And when logged in using public key authentication, you don't have a "userland"?

Well you do but it's SYSTEM's "userland".  I suppose you could try opening
a system-owned shell and "net use"ing the share you want.  Google for the
recipe to create a system-owned shell.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746