RE: trouble with sshd

On 02 January 2008 16:00, David Chamberlin wrote:

> The only 2 things I can think of that changed between when the initial
> cygrunsrv -S sshd occurred and when it started failing is:
>   1) I rebooted the machine (maybe after being run during bootup something
> happened?)
>   2) I installed apache2triad

  Which is a http://cygwin.com/acronyms#3PP production, and contains
duplicates of cygwin apps and the dll.  This isn't going to be good, and the
reason it probably works for a sysbash shell but not from the service is
probably down to differences in the PATH settings between the two ways of
doing it.

> This is on an XP laptop running SP2.  Cygwin is very recent since I just
> installed it last week.  Info from cygcheck is attached.

  If you'd taken a close look at that cygcheck output, you'd have seen.

"Warning: There are multiple cygwin1.dlls on your path"

> Any ideas on either what is wrong or how to find out more info about what
> might be wrong?

  Get rid of apache2triad, or at the very least, rename its old outdated copy
of the cygwin dll aside and make sure it's later in the PATH than your main
cygwin install.

    cheers,
      DaveK