Re: Remote Linux desktop in my Cygwin windows PC

Hi,

marcos rebelo wrote:

I'm really basic with Linux. I'm running remote applications with:

xhost
ssh
export DISPLAY

So I'm using Eclipse, gedit, firefox, ... like this for example in my
windows. Now I'm curios if I'm able to have the full desktop of my
Linux machine like a window in my remote Windows PC.

I'm using the Ubuntu 7.10 in the Linux PC

just start the windo manager of your choice at the Linux box.

startx should do the job.

You can chose then to have the Linux desktop in one window or it will replace your current Windows desktop.

Windows will stay in the background.

Running the window manager on the Windows machine has the advantage that your Linux windows integrate fully into you Windows environment.

I find it a bit disturbing to have the Unix part separated from the Windows part when the Windows manager was running on the Unix box.

Erich