RE: Asynchronous i/o

On 14 November 2007 15:23, Mike_Cygwin wrote:

> and treated as a newbie for a while.  I do believe I have adressed the TOFU
> thing and that other thing that is too loon to remember.

  LOL, great typo there.  The blanking people's addresses thing you've got
right, but only half the TOFU thing - you've stopped the TO, but you're still
doing the FUll quote of the entire message you're replying to without any
trimming, including all those useless trailers etc.

> Now, has anybody else thought about this, got some historical info, etc?
> Anybody else interested in it?

  Should be fairly straightforward to implement, as windows I/O functions
support asynchronous operations (called "overlapped" in msdn technology).  You
shouldn't need to modify anything except the cygwin dll sources to add the
functions.

  See
http://cygwin.com/faq/faq.programming.html#faq.programming.building-cygwin for
some guidelines on how to build the cygwin dll from source.  When adding new
functions to the DLL, you also need to list them in the "cygwin.din" file -
that defines which functions get exported and which don't.

    cheers,
      DaveK