From: cygwin-owner@cygwin.com [mailto:cygwin-owner@cygwin.com] On Behalf
Of Jose Correia
Sent: 12 November 2007 03:55 PM
To: cygwin@cygwin.com
Subject: xargs: cannot fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

Hi all

Im using cygin install when the cygwin install version 2.457.2.2 on
Windows XP professional SP2, on an IBM ThinkPad Dual Processor T60.

I run a unix script from a bigger ant script, which used to work fine on
a single processor laptop. Now it works intermittently

The Unix script is this:

#START
export SRC=$1

find $SRC -type d -name 'CVS' | xargs -i rm -rf {}

mv $SRC/tres/src/java/com/traderoot/core/
$SRC/tres/src/java/com/traderoot/cfgcore
#for jaxb generated source
mv $SRC/com/traderoot/core/ $SRC/com/traderoot/cfgcore

grep -Rl  'com.traderoot.core' $SRC | xargs -i ./replace.sh
's/com\.traderoot\.core/com.traderoot.cfgcore/g' {} grep -Rl
'com/traderoot/core' $SRC | xargs -i ./replace.sh
's#com/traderoot/core#com/traderoot/cfgcore#g' {} grep -Rl
'com.traderoot.tools' $SRC | xargs -i ./replace.sh
's/com\.traderoot\.tools/com.traderoot.cfgtools/g' {}

#END

On the times when it does not work it spews out:

[exec] + xargs -i ./replace.sh
's/com\.traderoot\.tools/com.traderoot.cfgtools/g' '{}'
     [exec] replacing in
bootloadergensrc/com/traderoot/cfgtools/artifact/jaxb/Additionaldata.jav
     [exec] replacing in
bootloadergensrc/com/traderoot/cfgtools/artifact/jaxb/Address.java
     [exec] replacing in
bootloadergensrc/com/traderoot/cfgtools/artifact/jaxb/Arg.java
     [exec] replacing in
bootloadergensrc/com/traderoot/cfgtools/artifact/jaxb/impl/JAXBVersion.j
ava
     [exec]       4 [main] xargs 112660 fork_copy: linked dll data/bss
pass 0 failed, 0x54D000..0x54D020, done 0, windows pid 114584, Win32
error 487
     [exec] xargs: cannot fork: Resource temporarily unavailable

Could this be because of the dual processor where somehow the one
process is left hanging waiting for the other? Anyone experienced this
issue before...? can't find anything on the archives...

Regards
Jose Correia