Version mismatch - gcov and -mno-cygwin

When adding instrumenting to -mno-cygwin compiled programs (using
-ftest-coverage -fprofile-arcs and linking against -lgcov), I get and
error complaining about "version mismatch between version 304c and
304m". Using `strings`, I believe that the gcc versions (for the
cygwin and mingw cc1) are 304c and that libgcov is version 304m. Is
there any chance that the package could be fixed? If not, any advice
on what to do to fix the problem? Thanks!

-Jevin Sweval