cannot start sshd on cygwin- win xp

a selection of all the error message I am getting. Messing around
trying to start it.

it doesn`t show up on netstat -an.  I did install and uninstall a
windows port of openssh, I don`T know if that messed things up. But
nothing i easily do about that if it did..

$ cygrunsrv -I sshd -p /usr/sbin/sshd
cygrunsrv: Error installing a service: OpenService:  Win32 error 1073:
The specified service already exists.

$ net start sshd
The CYGWIN sshd service is starting.
The CYGWIN sshd service was started successfully.

Current user@minitough ~
$ net start sshd
The CYGWIN sshd service is starting.
The CYGWIN sshd service was started successfully.

It doesn`t show in netstat. maybe it isn`T menat to ?

$ cygrunsrv --start sshd
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error
1062:
The service has not been started.

..

$ net start sshd
The CYGWIN sshd service is starting.
The CYGWIN sshd service could not be started.

The service did not report an error.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3534.

Current user@minitough /usr/sbin
$ net stop sshd
The CYGWIN sshd service is not started.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3521.

Current user@minitough /usr/sbin
$ net start sshd
The CYGWIN sshd service is starting.
The CYGWIN sshd service was started successfully.

Current user@minitough /usr/sbin
$ net stop sshd
The CYGWIN sshd service is not started.

More help is available by typing NET HELPMSG 3521.

Current user@minitough /
$ cygrunsrv -S sshd
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus:  Win32 error
1062:
The service has not been started.
Current user@minitough /
$ cygrunsrv -S /usr/sbin/sshd
cygrunsrv: Error starting a service: OpenService:  Win32 error 123:
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Current user@minitough /
$ cygrunsrv -S sshd

Current user@minitough /
$ ls /usr/sbin/sshd