Putty crashes trying to establish SSH session with Cygwin

Hi Friends,
I am trying to set up SSH using CYGWIN on a windows standard 2003
server. I have done all the steps like generatig keys,placing them in
appropriate location etc and now when i try to connect to the server
using PuTTy, it prompts me for this:

Using Username "XXXX"
Authenticatating with public key "rsa-key-xxxxxxx"
Passphrase for key"rsa-key-xxxxxx"

And then when I enter the keyphrase,it throws this exception:

Putty Fatal Error:
Server sent disconnect message type2 ( protocol error ) :
"fork failed: Resource temporarily unavailable"

I checked the server logs, and see this:
cygwin drive/var/log/sshd.log:
      7 [main] sshd 2164 E:\cygwin\usr\sbin\sshd.exe: *** fatal error
- could not load ws2_32, Win32 error 126
     33 [main] sshd 2076 fork: child 2164 - died waiting for dll

The Event logs get corrupted and show this - " Event logs are corrupted"

I researched a lot,and only thread I could find that experienced the
exact same problem was this:
www.cygwin.com/ml/cygwin/2006-05/msg00405.html

[Sorry for that URL, I guess my email is boucing back for mime/type
due to that URL]

But unfortunately, no solution has been mentioned for the problem.

I have administrative controls over that server,so access should not
be a problem...i even tried to change the permissions to "777" for
that dll file and also tried to ran "ssh-host-config" ... but nothing
helped.

I would appreciate if someone can help me or give me any pointers or
give me any alternatives as to how to setup SSH on windows 2003
server.

Thanks
Mick