Re: Unable to recirsively delete a directory

Michael.MacAllister@empolis.com wrote:
Hi,

I am running XP SP2. I have a drive mapped (z:). See mount output. It is
NAS drive that supports smb.

sh-3.2$ mount
D:\cygwin\bin on /usr/bin type system (binmode)
D:\cygwin\lib on /usr/lib type system (binmode)
D:\cygwin on / type system (binmode)
c: on /cygdrive/c type system (binmode,noumount)
d: on /cygdrive/d type system (binmode,noumount)
f: on /cygdrive/f type system (binmode,noumount)
y: on /cygdrive/y type system (binmode,noumount)
z: on /cygdrive/z type system (binmode,noumount)
I can read and write to the /z drive and I can delete individual files
but I
can't delete folders (rm -rf anypath) from the cygwin command line. I
get the followning error.
$ rm -rf /s/test/
rm: cannot remove directory `/s/test/': Directory not empty
I can delete folders if I use windows explorer, or in a Unix xterm. The
files belong to the user and are not locked. Does anyone have any ideas?

Let's start here:

Problem reports: http://cygwin.com/problems.html

Include in your report a onsistent example and 'cygcheck rm' prior to your example showing the problem. Also, we need to know what kind of network drive this is and where it's coming from. My WAG right now is that 'rm' isn't Cygwin's version outside of 'xterm'.

Holliston, MA 01746