Re: Unable to install cygwin setup.exe - need help.

On 10/11/07, Larry Hall (Cygwin) <Truley Epic> wrote:
> Dave Korn wrote:

> >> Try a different mirror site.
> >
> > Try a mirror site that's different to all sites? Sounds a bit Zen. What
> > is  the mirror site that is different from all mirror sites?
>
> The OP mentioned "I tried with many mirror site (sic) near to me."  So "all
> the mirror site (sic)" applies in the context of the previous statement.
> That's not to say that the problem couldn't be on the local end as you
> suggested though Dave.

to OP:
check that your firewall is not blocking the executable -- Comodo can
be really aggressive with applications it thinks are bad.

Another idea is that if you have a firewall that has an "allow all"
setting, check that.

Also, check to make sure that your antivirus is not interferring with
the installer.

--
Morgan gangwere

Please Excuse TOFU. Gmail/Mobile has no Power.

"Space does not reflect society, it expresses it." -- Castells, M.,
Space of Flows, Space of Places: Materials for a Theory of Urbanism in
the Information Age, in The Cybercities Reader, S. Graham, Editor.
2004, Routledge: London. p. 82-93.