Re: bash: fork: Permission denied -- how can I fix this?

I fixed the problem by installing into another directory other than
C:\cygwin.  I have no idea why this fixes the problem, but probably it has
something to do with security packages installed on the computer (it's a new
work laptop which appears to have several security related programs
installed on it by corporate IT).

--James