Re: executing an executable

On Sun, Sep 16, 2007 at 06:48:45PM -0500, Cole Radcliffe wrote:
>Thanks. I set the PATH!
>
>You are definitely right about my quoting problem. MARKUS, you are
>definitely right about my quoting problem. I do not want to recieve so
>many e-mails so I do not subscribe to the list. I just copied and
>pasted it from the website.
>Is there an alternative? Can I make a folder with gmail that catches
>all of the cygwin e-mails?
>
>>And then I expect you'll get flamed sooner or later (more likely
>>sooner) because this is OT and not cygwin specific and I get flamed
>>and/or TITTTLed because I even answered.
>
>What is OT and what do you mean this is not cygwin specific?

Markus has an overly active imagination about what constitutes a flame
but what he is alluding to is that this mailing list is not designed to
handle beginner shell questions or questions about how you should use
your email client.  For those type of discussions you should seek other
forums since the discussions are "O"ff "T"opic here.

For shell questions you can go here:
http://groups.google.com/group/comp.unix.shell/

google could probably find other places also.

I don't know about gmail but it does have its own help system so that's
probably where you should start.

cgf