Re: 1.5.24: sshd immediately disconnects upon receiving a connection

So as I said in the last message for this thread, I was able to get sshd
fully working by uninstalling the antivirus.

In case anyone else is using NOD32 for antivirus (www.eset.com), it has a
special service called IMON (Internet monitor) that seems to be pretty
picky on what kinds of sockets can be accepted and it didn't like something
about the way sshd was generating socket connections so it was blocking
them. I was able to reinstall the antivirus and simply add exclusions for
cygrunsrv.exe and sshd.exe in the IMON portion of NOD32.

Now the fun begins....this was all on Windows XP SP2...everything worked.
Well the laptop was shipped with Vista and not all the drivers could be
found for XP so we were forced to switch the laptop back to Vista. We had
previously downgraded to XP thinking that might be part of the
problem....well we were partially right.

My current issue is that the Cygwin sshd service refuses to stay running
(similar to before) but manually starting up sshd (like in the past couple
messages) works correctly and I am able to connect.

Windows firewall and defender are shut off, NOD32 is fully uninstalled at
this point still.

The event viewer shows an error log:

Log Name:      Application
Source:        Application Error