Re: Vista/cygwin tar problem - "file changed as we read it"

On 02 September 2007 14:48, Aaron Gray wrote:

On doing a 'tar -czf ...' I am getting the following message for each
subdirectory - "file changed as we read it"

Anyone know whats going on ?

Aaron

BLODA[*] interference perhaps? Can you disable the on-access scan part of
your AV?

   cheers,
     DaveK

[*] - http://cygwin.com/ml/cygwin-talk/2007-q3/msg00174.html

Okay will try that. I unpacked the tar to another directory and did a diff and there were no differences. So strange error message. AVG will not let me turn the resident shield off.

May dump AV alltogether, it slows things down to much.

Thanks,

Aaron