Re: Setup suggestion: 'New' category

Henry S. Thompson wrote:

I was reminded by the recent spate of new packages -- how hard would
it be for Setup to support a 'New' category, which new packages go
into automatically, and expire out after. . .three months?  I only
update once every month or so, and often think "Now, what was that
cool new package I saw announced a few weeks ago?" and can't remember,
or be bothered to trawl the archives. . .

Not to dismiss your idea but "trawling" the archives for this kind of
information isn't hard, since you only need to look at the cygwin-annnounce
list.  This is a low volume list which only contains package announcements.
It is a step external to 'setup.exe' though.

-- Larry Hall http://www.rfk.com RFK Partners, Inc. (508) 893-9779 - RFK Office 216 Dalton Rd. (508) 893-9889 - FAX Holliston, MA 01746