RE: Line info causes GCC to bomb?

On 19 August 2007 21:24, g6522c@earthlink.net wrote:

> I haven't seen this problem anywhere in the list archive, so
> here it is.
>
> This preprocessed input causes GCC (3.4.4) to segfault....
>
>   # 1 "test.c" 1
>
>   int main () {
>      return 0;
>   }
>
> ... and this doesn't:
>
>   # 1 "test.c"
>   # 1 "test.c" 1
>
>   int main () {
>     return 0;
>   }
>
> Am I missing something?

  Nope, I can reproduce it.

  Was it you or gcc that generated that preprocessed file?  It obviously shouldn't crash, but it's a much higher priority if gcc itself generates invalid preprocessed output than if it gets confused by something you've hand-generated (or post-pre-processed!) yourself.

    cheers,
      DaveK