Re: compiling with gmp not working

As a matter of fact, I can't seem to use many of the basic build tools cygwin provides. A pidgin-2.1.0 configure tells me I don't have inet_aton or regex, both of which, if I understand correctly, are included in a base cygwin install. The headers for both of those also exist in /usr/include. Calling configure with "CPP_FLAGS=-I/usr/include" (in both of these cases) also results in the same issue.

Angelo Graziosi wrote:
Ankit Singla wrote:

I tried installing gmp using the cygwin setup file, and it worked fine.
The problem is, I can't use it. When I configure openCOBOL, it returns
with an error saying gmp.h doesn't exist.

Have you installed also libgmp-devel?

Cheers,

Angelo.