Re: Linux kernel compilation for x86 on Cygwin

Claudio Scordino wrote:

> I'm trying to compile the Linux kernel using the gcc toolchain of cygwin.
> This time, I'm trying to compile the kernel for the host machine (x86).

You *are* building a cross compiler, right?  Because the native Cygwin
gcc will not be usable for building anything linux.  Just because gcc on
Cygwin and gcc on Linux both happen to generate code that runs on the
x86 does not mean they are in any way the same platform, so you
absolutely cannot use the Cygwin gcc to build a Linux kernel.  But you
can use the Cygwin gcc to build a Linux-targeted Cygwin-hosted
cross-gcc, and then use that to build the Linux kernel.

Brian