Re: rysnc under cygwin hangs and doesn't clean up its processes - please help - cygwin 1.5.24-2,

At 29-7-2007 0:09, Joel Harrison wrote:
Technical: rsync on cygwin always hangs. Works fine on CentOS. I've
been looking into this issue for 5-10 hours so far.

I can scp/ssh fine to the target with ssh keys installed or not, only
rsync hangs. I read about piping issues in rsync on cygwin from years
back, but it seems to me like perhaps they are not resolved? Just my
hypothesis.

Searching the archives does give you the answer. It isn't a rsync, but a cygwin1.dll problem:

Shouldn't this be on the FAQ page???

Regards,
Frank