Re: Latest snapshot revamps pipe/fifo handling

Hi Corinna...

From: Corinna Vinschen
Subject: Re: Latest snapshot revamps pipe/fifo handling
Date: Mon, 16 Jul 2007 22:12:58 +0200

On Jul 9 07:52, Karl M wrote:
> Hi All...
>
> >From: Christopher Faylor Subject: Latest snapshot revamps pipe/fifo
> >handling
> >Date: Sat, 7 Jul 2007 13:55:47 -0400
> >
> >I've checked in a fairly major change to cygwin today.
> >[...]
> I tried out the July 8, 2007 snapshot cygwin1.dll and had the following
> issue (I replaced just the cygwin1.dll file).
>
> I typed ssh localhost and got as far as the login banner and then it hung
> there. The bash process started by sshd was consuming all avaliable CPU. I
> got the same result if I used ssh to login from another machine. When I
> tried two simultaneous ssh connections, the created bash processes seemed
> to share the CPU equally (by observing them in the taks manager). I use ssh
> agent forwarding in case that is relevant.

Did you run this as administrative user or as normal, non-privileged
user?  I fixed a problem in current CVS which might be the actual cause
of this hang, and which has nothing to do with cgf's pipe changes.  I
found this while looking for an entirely unrelated problem, when trying
to login as non-privileged user resulted in a hang the same way you
describe it above.

My patch solved the hang for me, but it might be something different in
your case.  Please test with the next snapshot again.

I still see the same hang with the 20070714 snapshot. I am running as an unpriveleged user when I ssh in.

Thanks,

...Karl