grep -f problem

Hi

I have a problem with grep -f. Here is my example script:

#!sh
echo -e "calvin\nhobbes" > expressions.txt
echo -e "calvin chases\nhis favourite imaginary friend\nhobbes" > text.txt
grep -f expressions.txt text.txt

The output is:
$ grepbug.sh
hobbes

The expected output:

C:\UnxUtils\usr\local\wbin>sh grepbug.sh
calvin chases
hobbes

I am not very familiar with unix or cygwin. Is there a kind soul to verify that this is really a problem by running the scrip on a true unix?

I have both UnxUtils and cygwin installed. I cannot use UnxUtils because I cannot make its shell work interactively, and it seems like I cannot use cygwin because grep doesn´t work :-(

Thanks

Mårten