Re: Decimal float and the Cygwin build of GFortran.

On Wed, Jul 04, 2007 at 12:22:26PM -0700, Brian Dessent wrote:
> Brian Salter-Duke wrote:
>
> > Just asking in general, but are you related to the people doing the
> > cygwin release on the gfortran web page? I downloased the exe about 2
> > weeks ago and it did nothing. Yes, NOTHING! gfortan --version gave the
> > version but a gfortran complile gave no errors and no executable. I went
> > back to a version I had a year ago on another laptop and it worked fine.
> > Did I just have a bad snapshot?
>
> You should ask this on the gfortran mailing list, not here.  The wiki
> pages state this.

I realise that and only mentioned it as it came up here.

> And your problem is exactly what you'd expect to happen if you don't
> have the correct mpfr and gmp libs installed.  They are used by the
> sub-processes (cc1, cc1plus, f951) but not the front-end drivers (gcc,
> g++, gfortran), which means --version or --help would work but no actual
> compiling.  The wiki also says this.  Install the required packages
> (libgmp3 and libmpfr1).

I'll try doing that, but why does:

gcc version 4.2.0 20060808 (experimental)

work. Have things changed with these libraries since last year. This
was, BTW, I relative new install of cyqwin. I just copied the gfortran
and gcc4 executables over from an older machine. I think this is a
cyqwin question.

Brian.

> Brian
>
> --

"If you think education is expensive, try ignorance".
                     The best slogan used by an education trade union.
Brian Salter-Duke (Brian Duke) Email: b_duke(AT)bigpond(DOT)net(DOT)au