Re: Reloaded Win XP, now need to reload cygwin - sorta

Larry responded:

>Both 'cron' and 'ssh' have config scripts that handle installing and
>starting the service for you, if you let them.  They are documented in
>their README files in '/usr/share/doc/Cygwin'.  'cygrunsrv --help' gives
>you an overview of the command and it's available options.

That is all fine and dandy if you know where to look.  A new user isn't
going to have a clue and I hadn't dealt with configuring cygwin in over a year,
so I promptly forgot.

So, new users are going to rely on the on-line documentation.  In this
case there is nothing.  Would be be that difficult to document the
configuration of programs like this on line?  The web page did say that the
user doc is comprehensive and it isn't.  And, the FAQ is meant for queries
like this and it too has nothing.

I think it is a suggest well worth looking into.

MB
--
e-mail: vidiot@vidiot.com                                /~\ The ASCII
[I've been to Earth.  I know where it is.         ]      \ / Ribbon Campaign