Re: ssh appending CR to ouptut

Julian Neil wrote:
Under Windows Server 2003, ssh appends CR to some command outputs (eg when I execute hostname). This is causing some of my scripts to fail. I have tried fiddling with the CYGWIN environment variable, but it doesn't seem to help.
Attached are some simple test cases and cygcheck output. Any suggestions?

Yes. First, send problem reports to the Cygwin list. The Cygwin apps list is for packaging issues and 'setup.exe' discussions/issues. Please respect the Reply-To I've set and remove cygwin-apps from the recipient list if you intend to follow-up on this thread.

Second, install the 'coreutils' package.  You're calling the Windows
'hostname' executable.  You need the Cygwin one.

Holliston, MA 01746