Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: brltty 3.8

On 6/16/07, Samuel Thibault wrote:
Hi,

(I was busy this week)

Christopher Faylor, le Fri 08 Jun 2007 16:10:16 -0400, a écrit :
> Cygwin isn't just a bunch of nifty programs clumped together for the
> delight and enjoyment of windows users.  It's whole purpose in life is
> to provide implementations of programs which use the linux/unix API.

Ah.  The front page of cygwin.com only says "linux look and feel", but
any how,

> If you are purposely bypassing the Cygwin API then you're asking for
> special dispensation.

Ok.

Now the remaining issue that was not answered is that TCP/IP may pose
problems with misconfigured network or firewalls.  I know he shouldn't,
but can't a user inadvertently block connexions to 127.0.0.1?  That
would make his braille output frozen (since the screen reader then
wouldn't be able to output braille), and he'd be unable to fix the
networking problem.

Samuel

Yes, someone could block access to 127.0.0.1 on their own computer, but doing so would also break some Windows functionality and probably other programs on the system (like web browsers, maybe anti-virus). If you want proof, download something like Sysinternals' TCPView and check out all the local connections.

-Jason

--
NOTICE:  This email is being sent in clear-text across the public
Internet.  Therefore, any attempts to include unenforceable legalese