RE: All Cygwin versions:How do I modify the Cygwin information stored in the registry?

From: Helge Kleve@xxx; Sent: Wednesday, June 13, 2007 4:12 AM
> Hello, I have tried to set a variable in the windows registry for the
mounting of cygwin directories.
> This is to have the possibility to switch between different cygwin
installations without changing the registry.
> But is way don't work!!
>
> It seems that it is the Type REG_EXPAND_SZ that causes the error.
> Is it possible that the Type REG_EXPAND_SZ is not right support by
cygwin?

>I will switch between a local installation and a installion on a net
drive and to change a environment variable is a easy way to do this job.

> thanks for help
> helge

Do not edit the registry for cygwin.  Use mount, umount, and regtool*.
In this case, you will probably only need mount.  Launch cygwin from a
batch file that sets up the mount table before launching bash (or
whatever shell you are using).

See
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#using-pathnames
http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/using.html#mount-table