Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New package: brltty 3.8

On Fri, Jun 08, 2007 at 03:57:20PM +0800, Samuel Thibault wrote:
>Christopher Faylor, le Thu 07 Jun 2007 15:01:46 -0400, a ?crit :
>>What about unix domain sockets in cygwin?  It sounds like you think
>>they aren't available.
>
>As I already said several times, it must work with non-cygwin
>applications as well.

A unix domain socket used on stdin/stdout works with non-cygwin
applications.

It would really help if you provided an actual use case which
demonstrated what you are talking about.  Otherwise, you seem to be
asking that we just trust you that brltty is different from most other
packages in the distribution and deserves special dispensation.

I'm not willing to offer that dispensation unless you can adequately
describe why it is needed.  That will require that you explain how
the non-cygwin applications interact with brltty in such a way that
linux solutions are not acceptable.  Repeating that cygwin doesn't
interact with non-cygwin applications is not the way to get your
point across since that assertion is obviously false.

cgf