Re: [bug?] Using apps with advanced UI via SSH

On Thu, Jun 07, 2007 at 09:56:24PM +0200, Rafal Milecki wrote:
>I use "ntsec tty" in both CYGWIN: env variable and ssh configuration.

There's not reason to set either of those in the CYGWIN environment
variable.

>When I connect to my system using ssh and execute "edit.com" nothing
>happens.  I checked this on two Windows XP.  When I connect to this
>same system using RDP, open Cygwin's console and the execute "edit.com"
>- I can see editor.
>
>So I looks like Cygwin's ssh doesn't support applications with user
>interface.  Is this bug?

No.  You can't run console-based Windows programs over ssh.  edit needs
a real console window to operate and ssh is not that.

As is mentioned later in this thread, use cygwin-aware editors if you
want the best results.

cgf