running vim on cygwin

Hi

I installed vim 7.1 via cygwin on Windows XP machine. However, when I run
vim on the bash shell of cygwin, I am getting the following error.

E558: Terminal entry not found in terminfo
'cygwin' not known. Available builtin terminals are:
builtin_riscos
builtin_amiga
builtin_beos-ansi
builtin_ansi
builtin_pcansi
builtin_win32
builtin_vt320
builtin_vt52
builtin_xterm
builtin_iris-ansi
builtin_debug
builtin_dumb
defaulting to 'ansi'

In that discussion, it was determined that my terminfo database is not properly installed and readable.

For example, if I do
bash-3.2$infocmp
infocmp: couldn't open terminfo file .

However, I do not know how to solve the problem. The termcap 20050421-1, terminfo 5.5_20061104-1 are already installed on this system via cygwin.

All the software is installed via cygwin installer using the http://mirrors.xmission.com mirror. I have neither installed any source packages nor compiled any software on this system. All the packages that were installed are binary.

The output of

cygcheck -s -v -r 2>&1 | tee cygcheck.out

is attached in this email. Please let me know if any other info is needed.

Any suggestion/ideas would be really appreciated.

thanks
raju